Microsoft PowerToys is a set of tools that add some extra useful features to Windows.
Inspired by PowerToys of the Windows 95 era, this application provides some improvements with the most basic in my opinion being PowerRename, a Windows Shell extension for advanced bulk file renaming and image resize through which we can change the dimensions in the simplest way in any image.
To read in more detail exactly how you can use each of these enhancements, click Overview on each of these items.
What you can do with Microsoft PowerToys
Let's see now where the application can be of use to us.....
- Always on Top lets you pin windows on top of other windows with a quick keyboard shortcut. (Win+Ctrl+T).
- The Color Picker contains an editor that displays a history of previously selected colors, allows you to fine-tune the selected color, and copy different string representations.
- PowerToys Awake is designed to keep a computer awake without having to manage power and sleep settings. This behavior can be useful when performing time-consuming tasks, ensuring that the computer does not go to sleep or turn off its displays.
- FancyZones is a window manager that makes it easy to create complex window layouts and quickly place windows in those layouts.
- Image Resizer is a Windows Shell extension for quickly resizing images. With a simple right-click from File Explorer, resize one or multiple images instantly.
- Keyboard Manager lets you customize your keyboard to be more productive by remapping keys and creating your own keyboard shortcuts. Mouse utilities add functionality to enhance the mouse and cursor.
- With Find My Mouse, quickly locate your mouse with a projector that focuses on your cursor.
- Mouse Highlighter displays visual cues when you click the left or right mouse button.
- PowerRename enables you to bulk rename, search and replace file names. It includes advanced features such as using regular expressions, targeting specific file types, previewing expected results, and the ability to undo changes.
- PowerToys Run can help you find and launch your app right away - just hit the Alt+Space shortcut and start typing. It is open source and modular for additional plugins.
- The Windows Shortcut Wizard appears when you press Win+Shift+/ and shows the available shortcuts for the current state of the desktop. You can also change this setting and press and hold Win.
- Finally, Video Conference Mute is a quick way to "mute" both your microphone and camera using the Win+Shift+Q keys while on a conference call, regardless of the app you're using.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows
Download the Microsoft PowerToys app
|Follow us on Google News|
Post a comment
We will be very happy for you to actively participate and comment on our topic. Alternatively, you can send your message through our Facebook page. I will try to answer your questions as soon as possible.